A landmark structure, The Chicago Cultural Center was formerly the Chicago Library, which opened in October 1897 to house the “Grand Army of the Republic” War Memorial. Our work on this project involved a long overdue removal of the café and carpeting in an area measuring approximately 6,700 square feet and included the refinishing of its original, mosaic floor at the Randolph Street entrance, to the grand stairway at the south end of the space, recapturing the exquisite beauty, charm and true character of the original structure.